Steak & Summer Fruit Kabob Salad Salads
Be the first to rate this recipe!
- 1 lb. beef top sirloin, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium orange, unpeeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 nectarine, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large plum, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 cups salad greens, washed and torn
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice, divided
- 2 tsp. brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeno, seeded and minced, divided
- 2 Tbsp. honey (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/8 tsp. lime zest (optional)
Combine steak sauce, 1/4 cup lime juice, brown sugar and 1 Tbsp. jalapeno. Add beef cubes, apple, orange and nectarine wedges to marinade. (Do not marinate plum wedges.) Marinate 15-20 minutes.
Thread skewers with alternating beef cubes and fruit wedges, including plums.
Grill kabobs over medium heat or medium coals for 10-12 minutes, turning to grill all sides.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, honey, remaining 1 Tbsp. jalapeno, cilantro and lime zest and toss with salad greens. Place steak and fruit over greens on plates.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 14 oz.) 309 calories; 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 43 mg cholesterol; 387 mg sodium; 42 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 28 g protein; 8.2 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg vitamin B12; 2.9 mg iron; 32.9 mcg selenium; 5 mg zinc.