Oriental Beef Salad Salads
Be the first to rate this recipe!
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin or top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (6 oz.) frozen pea pods, defrosted
- 4 cups thinly sliced lettuce
- crisp Chow Mein noodles, optional
- red bell pepper slices, optional
Cut steak into 1/8-inch thick strips. Combine sherry, soy sauce and cornstarch; pour over strips, stirring to coat.
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pea pods; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Remove vegetables; reserve.
Drain marinade from beef and reserve.
Add remaining oil to skillet. Stir-fry beef strips (half at a time) 1 to 2 minutes. Return vegetables, beef and marinade to skillet; cook and stir until sauce thickens.
Serve mixture over lettuce. Garnish if desired with Chow Mein noodles and red bell peppers, if desired.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 11 oz.) 333 calories; 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 43 mg cholesterol; 633 mg sodium; 16 g carbohydrate; 4.4 g fiber; 31 g protein; 11.6 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg vitamin B12; 4 mg iron; 34.7 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc.