Southwest Beef & Chili Pizza Kid-Friendly Meals
This recipe has been rated 1 time
Rate this Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) prebaked thick pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1-1/4 cups prepared thick and chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, well drained
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thin red onion slivers
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 450°F. In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 6 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season with salt.
Place pizza crust on ungreased large baking sheet. Spread salsa over crust; sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with beef, chilies, tomatoes, onion and remaining cheese.
Bake 11-13 minutes or until toppings are hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.