Beef King Ranch Casserole Holiday Dishes
This recipe has been rated 2 times
Rate this Recipe
- 5-1/2 cups shredded beef
- or - fully cooked brisket (shredded) or fully cooked shredded beef
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 12 ounces canned evaporated milk
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 8 ounces grated cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
Add oil to large heated skillet and saute onion, peppers and jalapeno.
Mix in all spices and cook until onion is translucent.
Add milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer.
Remove from heat. Stir in beef and cheese.
Cut tortillas into quarters and placed half into a greased 2-1/2 quart casserole dish. Top with half of the beef mixture. Repeat layers, ending with beef mixture.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 1 cup) 404 calories; 18.5 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 57 mg cholesterol; 1176 mg sodium; 42 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 19 g protein; 0.3 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 0 mcg vitamin B12; 0.4 mg iron; 0.8 mcg selenium; 0.3 mg zinc.