Kid Pleasin' Meals
Shalene McNeill, Ph.D., R.D.
Our body is like a car "it needs a steady supply of fuel to keep the engine running! The foods we eat supply fuel and important nutrients that help "power up" our body and brain!
MyPyramid for Kids tells us how to eat smart, stay active and have fun. Eating smart means choosing from the five different food groups each day:
- Grains give us energy and fiber.
- Fruits give us vitamins A and C for healing and fighting disease.
- Vegetables also give us vitamins A and C for healing and fighting disease.
- Milk Products help us get calcium for strong bones.
- Meats and Beans gives us protein, zinc and iron to keep us lean and strong.
Energy Boost Word Find Game
Hamburger Maze Game
Chart How You Power Up
The Tween Scene
For more information on creating nutritious meals for your family, visit www.Family-Mealtimes.org.